2019 was a fairly tumultuous year for marketers. The enactment of the GDPR led to a flurry of tedious “Hey, we’d love to stay in touch” emails, CRM databases were hastily cleansed, and the Cambridge Analytica scandal put marketers’ practices firmly under the microscope.
But it wasn’t all bad. Spring cleaning marketing lists led to better segmentation, increased open rates, and engagement. And we learned that the majority of consumers will share personal data and preference insights in exchange for product recommendations and better personalization.
So here’s our round-up of the most innovative and engaging campaigns that drove zero-party data collection, showcased stunning user-generated content, lifted sales, and delivered experiences on multiple digital channels.
The Digital Marketing Campaign Categories
- Most Effective Acquisition Of Opt-Ins
- Best Data Capture In Social Stories
- Best Brand Sponsored Campaign
- Best Capture Of Audience Insights
- Most Effective Campaign To Lift Sales
- Outstanding Multi-Channel Campaign
- Best Live Experience
- Most Distinguished CSR Program
- Most Effective UGC Collection
- Best Use Of Integration
- Best Digital Transformation
- Rookie Of The Year
- The Overall Marigold Grow Winner Of 2019
So to bid 2018 a fond farewell, and to get some digital campaign inspiration for 2019 take a look at our best of the year. Next year, we will be on the hunt for the best-in-class customers that increased zero-party data acquisition, built advocacy, boosted ROI, and drove engagement with the most creative and effective campaigns, so keep your eyes open for the entry date!