Cheetah Circle Community Code of Conduct
Cheetah Digital is dedicated to providing a safe, inclusive, welcoming, and harassment-free space and experience for all community participants to learn together.
We are a diverse community. Every Cheetah Digital client and employee is welcome, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexuality, disability, physical appearance, socioeconomic status, educational background and level of experience, ethnicity, nationality, age, and religious affiliation.
Whether you are contributing to Cheetah Circle’s resources, attending a Cheetah event, group or forum (online or offline), participating in discussions in our community spaces, participating in our programs or communicating one-on-one with other community members, you agree to abide by the following rules.
As a member of the Cheetah Circle community, you agree to:
- Approach interactions with thoughtfulness and care
- Use welcoming and inclusive language. For example, use non-gender-specific nouns for addressing groups of people (such as “folks”, “people” or “friends”). Always ask if you are unsure how someone would like to be addressed (such as their preferred name or pronouns).
- Be mindful that you may be communicating with others whose first language is not English.
- Receive Cheetah Circle email notifications to keep updated on the latest ASKs and activities of the forum. You can always decide to amend or stop these notifications at any time by changing your settings in the profile sections.
Prefer collaboration over conflict
In the Cheetah Circle community, we strive together to solve problems and celebrate successes. We also understand that working with technology can be challenging, and can cause a lot of frustration. In these situations, remember that everyone in the community is a real person, and deserves to be treated with respect at all times.
Be mindful that the Cheetah Circle community interaction and discussion happens in real time across a global community, and that we will all work together to solve problems and correct mistakes as soon as we can and together.
No one is expected to know everything or not make mistakes. Sometimes, even the most well-meaning intentions can result in unwanted outcomes — but how we respond to criticism is important. If someone criticizes our conduct or points out ways we have caused harm to someone, we listen without taking it personally and work towards a resolution together.
Represent the community in a positive, professional way
As a member of the Cheetah Circle community, you are also a representative of the community. You must be a client or an employee of Cheetah Digital. To this end, you agree to support the Code of Conduct in full, and alert community moderators of any behavior you witness that falls short of the conduct we would all expect.
We will not permit the following:
- Violent threats, imagery or bad language
- Discriminatory or derogatory jokes, images and language
- Disrespecting people, including insults, slurs, memes or any other form of discrimination
- Posting any politics related content
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material
- Posting irrelevant material with a view to causing alarm
- Posting (or threatening to post) of any aspect of a person’s identity or communications without their prior consent
- Behavior that could be perceived as sexual attention
- Excessive and/or sustained, uninvited disruption, communication or harassment
- Encouraging or inciting others to break the code of conduct
- Imitating others, using another person’s identity or sharing untruthful information
- Using the community to sell services or goods or sharing information outside of the community
- Conflict of interest such as using information or the community for inappropriate competitive, commercial or monetary gain
- No purchase is necessary to earn rewards. Rewards cannot be refunded, exchanged or gifted
- Community members are expected to be a client or an employee of Cheetah Digital. Reward piggy bank fund will be reset annually to 0.
Some Cheetah Circle Community spaces may have additional rules in place, or be private, and these additional rules will be made known in the relevant place.
Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules. We invite all those who participate in the Cheetah Circle Community to help us create safe, welcoming and positive community experiences for all.
How Cheetah Digital Will Resolve Code of Conduct Violations
If someone violates this Code of Conduct or makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe in any way, here’s what should happen:
Are you safe? If not, get to a safe place. If the incident happened online, take yourself away from the platform. Can you talk to someone you trust about what happened?
As soon as possible
Evaluate the situation — is it safe to talk to the person directly about this incident? If you feel safe, try and speak with the person privately and try to work on a resolution together. If this approach does not go well or you do not feel safe collaborating on a resolution, please speak to a Cheetah Circle moderator as soon as you can via private direct message, or you can email [email protected]. Please provide as many details as possible, such as:
- Any contact or identifying information about the person who allegedly violated the Code of conduct
- The time, place, and details of the alleged violation
- Whether the situation is ongoing
- Whether there were additional witnesses or other people involved
- Whether or not you would prefer to have your complaint kept anonymous
Any screenshots of content (required if content has subsequently been deleted or expired)
Moderators will work with you to evaluate what happened, inform the person(s) in question that a violation was reported, and establish the next steps in resolving the issue.
The Cheetah Circle Community moderators take any code of conduct violation very seriously, but may reject any report believed to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may not be responded to or upheld.
Our community moderators agree to:
- Respond to violations as promptly as possible
- Work collaboratively to resolve issues
- Make an effort to understand both sides of the situation, including talking to affected participants Excuse themselves or be excused from handling an incident if they are listed as a possible Code of Conduct violator or escalate to an objective party if there is any conflict of interest identified
- Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to do so immediately, even if participants do not agree with or fully acknowledge the behavior being reported.
- Participants violating our Code of Conduct may be penalized or expelled at the discretion of community moderators.
- If a community moderator is not available at a particular time or event, the event organizer will ask violators to leave, and then report the situation to community moderators for further deliberation.
- If a moderator is not available, moderators and/or event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting or making an environment hostile for any participants in retrospect.
Please bear in mind the following additional guidelines:
Do not delete posts or comments you’ve made unless you sincerely made the post in error (for example accidentally posting in the wrong group) and deleting will not interfere with group discussion.
This Code of Conduct applies to all Cheetah Digital’s Community spaces and events, however, if you are being or have been harassed by a Cheetah Digital Community participant externally, you may still report it to the Cheetah Circle Community moderators. Our moderators reserve the right to exclude people from the Cheetah Circle Community and/or Cheetah Circle events based on past and/or external behavior towards community participants or non-participants.
We will not name harassment victims without their consent. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of the Cheetah Circle Community or the general public.
We recognize that many of our Cheetah Circle members are responsible for complying with rules for workplace gifts. In order to help our members comply with these rules, Cheetah Circle offers a variety of rewards ranging from electronic gift cards, to charitable donations, to Cheetah Digital or Partners Services. Our rewards offerings vary by country. We hope that Cheetah Circle members will find options that suit their company’s requirements. If none of the rewards we offer comply with your company’s rules, please get in touch with our team at [email protected]
Feedback is always valued. If you have any feedback or suggestions on how to improve the Community Code of Conduct, please send an email to [email protected]
This Code of Conduct is a live document. It will grow with the Community to ensure we are providing a safe, inclusive, welcoming, and harassment-free space and experience for all community participants.
The terms of the Code of Conduct can be updated at Cheetah Digital’s discretion at any time. Your continued use of the community shall act as acceptance of the updated terms.