The COVID-19 crisis has put concrete shoes around the feet of local businesses, but for good reason. Public health is priority #1, but many brick-and-mortar establishments thrive on their in-store customer service and offerings, like custom fittings that can't be done online. Fortunately for them, many parts of the country are offering one-on-one appointments in-store, which, when coupled with hygiene best practices, are allowed. For brick-and-mortar establishments that have seen revenues drop up to 100%, these in-store appointments offer a beacon of hope. The ability to drive any revenue at all can be the difference between weathering the storm or closing up shop.
Spring is a time when tens of millions of hunters return to the forests of North America in search of organic meat to feed their families. It’s also a safe and approved social distancing activity in most states that have turkey hunting seasons right now. But the ability to get hunters much-needed equipment and services today was thought to be impossible — until Pure Archery Group’s marketing team stepped in.
Pure Archery Group’s Bowtech Brands have adopted an aggressive consumer database growth strategy over the last 3 years and it has become their biggest weapon against the COVID-19 crisis. Because they have nearly 1 million consumer contacts — almost all with a postal code and mobile number — they can reach consumers with personalized email and SMS messages as needed. Using postal codes, they can laser focus invites to their best consumers encouraging them to book safe one-on-one appointments in their top independent dealerships across North America.
Here’s how they took that idea to in-market execution in less than one week:
- Pure Archery Group created personalized emails and SMS outreach to consumers living within a set radius of a select dealership.
- The call-to-action for each consumer was to visit a unique Cheetah Digital Experience microsite page where they could answer a series of questions while requesting an appointment or curbside pick-up on the day and time of their choosing at their local dealership.
- Consumers are also encouraged to share locally with friends and family that need service using a Facebook social share prompt in the Experience form.
- The Pure Archery Group marketing team, along with each independent dealership, receives a real-time email with the request form details from each entrant. The local dealership then closes the loop to confirm the logistics for pick up or the safe in-store visit.
- The consumer also receives an automated, personalized confirmation email with a unique instant rebate code for up to $100 off any purchases they make on the visit.
- The dealerships log the instant rebate codes for any sales into the Pure Archery Group product registration portal at the time of sale. This is a common practice for new sales, so it’s no extra lift on the dealership.
Pure Archery Group is convinced that their shift to prioritizing marketing efforts over the past three years to grow their database has been the most effective ROI to date. In pre-COVID-19 times, their seven brands were growing market share by using hyper-personalization and zero-party data to make relevant offers to consumers. Now, in times of uncertainty and heavy restrictions on consumers’ behavior, the brands can use the data to drive sales in a peak buying season. Their $100 instant rebate program helps stimulate revenue at the local level helping small, independent dealerships through one of the roughest patches in the outdoor industry’s history. As of our publish date, Pure Archery Group has 20+ activations from state to state with the goal of 100 active Experiences for their top dealerships by the middle of April.
If you're a brand or retailer that depends on your in-store interactions to drive revenue, investing in your database growth strategy could be essential to surviving the downturn. If you have a database, reach out and learn how our 50+ pre-built Cheetah Digital Experiences could be used quickly to get campaigns in market and revenue rolling for you and your partners. Want to talk strategy? Get in touch with us or check out Cheetah Experiences.
Tim Glomb is the VP of Content and Data at Cheetah Digital where he leads the development of multimedia content to enable sales and marketing along with client success. Tim is also the founder of Audience Sherpa, a strategic consulting firm that helps brands such as Bowtech, Health-Ade Kombucha, and Leupold & Stevens build, manage, and engage consumer databases through services such as personalized messaging and privacy compliance.