I am excited to share that I have joined the powerhouse product marketing team at Cheetah Digital. After spending most of my career in marketing technology, I'm looking forward to applying my expertise to this role. At Cheetah Digital, I will help to drive the go-to-market strategy for key solutions of the Cheetah Customer Engagement Suite, focusing on Cheetah Loyalty, the Cheetah Engagement Data Platform, and industry product marketing, focusing on travel and hospitality.
Joining Cheetah Digital was an easy decision and I did so for two primary reasons: the people and the technology. I love the fact that Cheetah Digital focuses on the marketer, and virtually every decision made is with the marketer in mind. Secondly, technology. For over 20 years, Cheetah Digital has been helping digitally transform some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated brands. More than anything, I look forward to working with the Cheetah Digital team on bringing to market world-class marketing solutions that help marketers deliver meaningful results.
I have been fortunate to grow a career in marketing technology and work alongside many talented product marketers and product managers, as well as marketers, sales professionals, and customer service managers. They have helped me understand how to define and execute a GTM strategy that drives the business, as well as ensuring that customers see the value of the investments they have made.
My focus areas
It is easy to define what sales, marketing, or product management does within an organization, but what does product marketing do? I could ask three people that question and probably get three answers; if you Google “product marketing,” the result won’t be any clearer.
What is clear is that product marketing is a critical part of an organization’s business and strategy. Product marketing helps in the development of products and services, as well as a go-to-market plan and ensuring customers not only buy the product, but realize the value in the investment they are making. I think of it as the “connective tissue” that bonds an organization with the customer.
Five initial areas that I look forward to contributing the most at Cheetah Digital include:
1. Building world-class products. Partnering with engineering and product management to integrate market and industry trends, as well as incorporating meaningful enhancements in product and release development plans.
2. Drive demand. Collaborating with marketing on the orchestration of marketing programs, messaging, and positioning that drive awareness and engagement with prospects and customers through coordinated sales motions.
3. Storytelling. Being a primary voice at Cheetah Digital that helps the market, industry, and customers understand the value of Cheetah Digital’s solutions, and amplifying that story at events, as well as in blog posts and thought leadership.
4. Sales Enablement. Collaborating with the amazing sales enablement team at Cheetah Digital to provide sales teams with market and competitive intelligence, content, and tools that align with sales expectations and connect with target buyer personas.
5. Customer growth and advocacy. Working with customers and Cheetah Digital customer success teams to be the voice of the customer and help foster meaningful relationships, drive value, and promote success
With pretty much anything marketing-related, we shouldn’t be doing it unless we can measure success. My initial five focus areas should have measurable outcomes, which will help me understand my progress and impact as a product marketer. Where I see the opportunity for Cheetah Digital to double down, we’ll do so and will course-correct as needed.
As I take on this new adventure at Cheetah Digital, I would love to hear from you and get your perspective on product marketing, the marketing technology landscape and marketing in general, so please don’t be shy. Let’s continue the conversation. You can reach me by email or find me on LinkedIn.
Bruce is Senior Director of Product Marketing at Cheetah Digital. He focuses on the go-to-market strategies for solutions within the Cheetah Digital Customer Engagement Suite, as well as creating and delivering thought leadership at industry events. Before joining Cheetah Digital, Bruce worked at Adobe for over five years as a Group Product Marketing Manager supporting the Adobe Experience Cloud. Bruce lives in Bozeman, MT, with his wife and three children.